For permanent Canadian residents, public and private health insurance facilities are available. Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) is government health insurance covering basic medical facilities. OHIP offers similar benefits to all irrespective of their social or job status.
Benefits covered under OHIP are
1. Visits to Doctors or hospitals
2. Hospitalization inclusive of rooms, meals, prescriptions, and nursing facilities.
3. Test essential for diagnosis
4. If dental surgery is conducted in the hospital
Why you need Health and Dental Insurance?
OHIP does not cover a few essential health and dental care services. Private health and dental insurance in Mississauga act as additional coverage over OHIP. As per Canadian statistics, 80% of Canadians are at risk of having chronic diseases because of changing eating and work habits. Uncertainties especially related to health have been increased post-pandemic and health and dental insurance has become a basic necessity. 70% of health services are covered by public health insurance while the remaining 30% is capable of burning your pocket, especially dental services. In Canada, Dental services come under one of the expensive services. There is no standard rate when it comes to dental procedures. Some practitioners can charge $150 while another $550 for the same service. Ideally, we should get our dental check once in 6 months but due to the high cost, most people avoid it. This imposes a risk on oral health. Having health and dental insurance makes it possible to take regular health and dental check-ups.
Coverage under Health and Dental Insurance
- Beneficial especially for individuals who are self-employed, retired or going to in near future, freelance, contractual workers or have changed their career path recently.
- Access to better health and dental services
- Less waiting time for doctor or hospital visit
- Stress-free regarding any unexpected medical situation
- Less financial as well as a mental burden
- Can opt for regular health and dental check-ups
- Can access more hospitals and private doctors
- Can get better treatment out of Canada
- Medical care is covered if you get treated abroad and comes back to Canada
Eligibility for Health and Dental Insurance
- You should be a Canadian citizen or residing in any Canadian province for a minimum of 3 months.
- Age band is from 18 years to 69 years and availed till the age of 75.
MILIFE INSURANCE & INVESTMENT INC. is one of the leading and trustworthy companies in health and Dental Insurance in Mississauga. The company offers individual and family health and dental insurance plans. Plans offered can be customized as per the client’s budget and requirements. Health and Dental insurance offered by MILIFE compliments OHIP services. The client can modify the insurance plan after reviewing it once a year. They make the insurance process and claim filling process hassle-free, customer-friendly, and fast. You can get all the assistance from information about insurance plans to claim to fill on their website.