What is Super Visa?
Super Visa is introduced by the Government of Canada for the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens living in foreign countries. Also commonly known as ‘Parents and Grandparents Super Visa’, this came into effect from December 1, 2011, giving a 10-year visa eligibility for the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens. It is a multi-visit visa offering a long-term visitor status in the country, enabling the visitors to live with their family for two years straight, without having to re-apply for the visa.
Also, tourists and foreign visitors are not eligible for any free medical care provided by the Government of Canada and the healthcare expenses are quite heavy on pockets. Thus, not having visitors insurance when visiting Canada can lead to expensive medical bills and other additional charges that can be financially taxing. To avoid this, it's wise to be covered under the Super Visa Insurance prior to your visit, for both you and your family.
To be eligible for a Super Visa every visitor must fulfill the following criterias:
- Visitors coming to visit you must submit a letter of invitation received from your side.
- Submit an appropriate proof of the relationship they have with you.
- You must obtain Super Visa Insurance under visitor's name from a Canadian insurance provider and they must carry the insurance policy with them for verification.
What is Super Visa Insurance?
It is made mandatory by the Government of Canada for any visitor applying for the super visa, to obtain emergency medical insurance coverage from a Canadian insurance provider, with minimum validity of one year. A visitor’s Super Visa Insurance coverage must include the following:
- A minimum medical coverage of $100,000.
- Coverage for health care, hospitalization, and repatriation.
- Insurance coverage validity for a minimum of 365 days from the date of visit.
Features of Super Visa Insurance?
Having Super Visa Insurance while you visit Canada is a convenient way of being financially secure and facing any medical emergency stress free. You must know that:
1. You have the option to get coverage for a single visitor or get a couple coverage.
2. You have the option to opt. for a monthly plan and pay off the insurance fees and premiums without any delay.
3. You will receive a 100% refund on the money paid, in case your parents or grandparents the super visa application is not approved.
4. Also, you are eligible to receive a partial refund on the insurance coverage in case they plan to return home before 1 year of their coverage validity.
Inclusions under Super Visa Insurance Coverage:
The Super Visa Insurance covers the following in case of a medical emergency:
- Pre-existing medical conditions like diabetes, blood pressure, or a heart condition, etc.
- Physician consultations
- Prescribed drugs and diagnostics
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency evacuation
- Accidental death and repatriation
- Dental and vision care
- Any medical emergency while being on a side trip to neighboring - American countries like the USA, Mexico, Cuba, etc.
MILIFE is one of the best and trusted Super Visa Insurance providers across Canada. We provide you the suitable plans as per requirement for your visitors by understanding their existing medical conditions and adding best possible inclusions. Get in touch with us today to know more about our plans and offers.
Benefits of Super Visa Insurance
- Complete support in a medical emergency
- It includes dental and health treatment plans
- Enjoy a stress-free stay
- Peace of mind
- 24-hour customer support
- Specialized benefits for you and your dependents